Pages

2/25/2010

Same Old. Once again.

Same old. Same old youngsters, especially.

It is somewhat tiring to encounter them, even though everybody knows they are everywhere. You know the feeling? Someone enters the chatroom. Has one of THOSE nicks. Dark-Shadow-Bloody-something-ish. Acts like (s)he was the only one in this whole bunch who knows what a vampire is. Laments about how below-their-level normal human beings are. This time it was "Was this place created by a magical being? Or by a mere human? Sorry, no harm intended..." Claims some awkward stuff about how a vampire must be, otherwise he is no vampire. This time it was "Vampires have some sort of a supernatural hunting ability (speed, invisibility, attraction, fill in as you desire), otherwise..." you know the rest.

Now what happens when you verbally challenge them is extremely funny.

Sasha: "Okay, now you are a vampire. What is YOUR supernatural hunting ability then?"
Shadow-something: "Hm, what? I can't follow you."
Sasha: "Oh really? This was an easy question. What is your supernatural ability?"
Shadow-something: "Hm? I can't keep up with you. See, I am only chatting for two years, this is all a little complicated for me."
Sasha: "Okay, then slowly again for you. You say you are a vampire. You say vampires MUST have supernatural abilities. Otherwise they are no vampires. So what is yours?"
Shadow-something: "Gotta go, I am out of time. See you all later. Bye."

Now, was this question really so difficult? I kinda like this evasive attitude as soon as these super-old know-it-all folks who really just joined two days ago show as soon as they are confronted with their own statements. Not. It bores me. It makes me wanna scream "Hold it, butthead, ten dozends of your comerades tried this stunt before this year, they all failed. Like you. This SO BORES me..."

Why is it so extraordinarily difficult to simply say "Hi, I am new, can we simply talk?" Why do people seemingly so often wish to be older than just everybody else? Why do they need to claim supernatural superpowers beyond the weirdness our daily not-so-daily life already brings along? What fun is there in playing this lame "But I am the more vampish vampire than you" game?

I have been wondering about this so many times. Guess what... still no answer.