Pages

1/03/2012

The Wheel 2.0

I did it. The thing just did not let me go. I believe, sometimes a little obsessiveness does a little good to all. I managed to restore the VRI Message Base Archives as part of my page by means of a 2001 Wayback machine capture. It is navigable by now, I placed it in the Miscellaneous section. Bear with the thing, I only made the integral linking structure work. I will not edit anything else. that's simply not meant to be done.

I mean... wow. I read this, and I remember. Not as clearly as if it had been yesterday, to pick up some of the clichés, but I do remember. It was 1997 and the following years. By the time the real communication lines were established, this board was obsolete, and by the end, it was trolled to death, but I read names from a past that have haunted me ever since. I may add that someone from this era only contacted me less than a year ago, I believe, totally out of the blue. It nagged me ever since to live with the impression that a wildly rumored "secret beginning" may be lost forever, with all its ups and downs. So hey guys, it is no secret and mysterious past in the depths and darks of our society. It is here, right before your eyes. It exists. We were there. We were Sasha, and Diane, and Craig, and Sangi, and Sphynx, and Namadie... we were all these people. Some of us still are.

The VRI has closed its doors in 2002. This is exactely 10 years ago. Even though I did not match this intentionally, I think it is a nice sidekick that adds to the uuhhh spooky historical feeling of it.

But please guys, no birthday letters, 'kay? I am already feeling really weird about this. Weird in a good sense. And in a sense that makes me feel a little older than 5 hours ago.