Pages

1/03/2012

Re-Inventing the Wheel

I seem to have a habit of doing the same things several times.

Only minutes ago, I talked to a friend about having stored the VRI Message Base files from 1997 two years ago but never having been able to launch them as a piece of memory. He wanted to see them and what happend: whoosh I find out I don't have them anymore. Seems they did not survive one of my 3 pc shreddings in the near past. However, I found some of them again. Some - and less than the last time. The old things vanish tracelessly. I queried in the same manner (at least approximately) as the last time and I found them fairly quickly, a rudimentary version of them still lingers on some fortunecity page, since Liriels own site is down since nearly a decade. But this time I only found the files until January 1999, also missing the originally linking archive mainsite, and I know there were more. I remember them having been stored until they became obsolete by means of new means of communications. The last entries were troll attacks which caused the guestbook (which it originally was indeed) to produce wrecked code. But I am not sure how much has been lost. I saved what I found, beginning in March 1997.

I hope I might be able to install them as an asset on my subdomain. But first, I need an FTP program that will work with 64 bit... I am not able to use my old program anymore which sux big time.

Damn... I should have done that when I still had more of them...