Pages

9/21/2010

Re-vamping a diet plan

Could it be that simple? Pleeze let it be that simple.

Just trying to re-vamp my diet, on towards proteins, away from the carbs. I have done it for 4 days already and what can I day? I simply feel better. I can't even put it in words, what exactely is different. Partly, I feel more alert, less down, even though I constantly have a faint nagging somewhere in the inside of me telling me that something is missing (whatever it is, I have a guess it's not the carbs, tee hee).

I never tried it that strictly before, and I loathe cooking, even though I now do it. Constantly. Even for breakfast. Which I loathe equally, nonetheless I do it now. Sheesh.

It could be simply logical. When I looked in the mirror open-mouthed, what would I see? Teeth, right. Teeth which are not quite so omnivore as those of anyone else (I always knew that, accidently biting me at least every second week, but since I had a tooth refashioned with ceramic inplays and it was. Just. So. Different. And. Roundedged.... well, since then i notice the difference every time I touch this damn thing with my tongue. Which is about a subjectively felt million times a day.

Anyway. Teeth. Too sharp, too pointy (all of them, not only "those" ones), and all given by nature. Years ago, I had a discussion with someone (Inanna maybe, I am not 100 percent sure) about teeth and tearing up raw meat. I was told it should be impossible to tear certain muscle fibres with human teeth, thinks like heart and such. What can I say? Not for me. (Now guess how painful my occasional self-biting accident is...)

So I am a carnivore? Like in the sense of a f...ing Tyrannosaurus Rex? Maybe not quite, but it would seem so. I felt better years ago when I had a more carnivore diet than nowadays.

So, back to it. I am trying this since saturday. Looks like an ordinary low carb thing, which it basically would be, sort of. Meats, fibred veggies, eggs, end of list. Kinda at least, of couse, I drink, I spice the food, I forget this idea at times and pick at some fruits or sweets before I notice what I do.

But 4 days and I sort of feel better again. I don't do the scale-hopping-and-counting-thing right now, there may be an effect on my weight, and there may be not. But I think it is weird. Many people dieting on low carb report that they feel weakish and tired when they are too strict with themselves.

Carnivore, huh? Whatever. I'll keep an eye on this.