Pages

8/25/2011

Short diet summary

Ok, noticed I hadn't given any statement of summary on my diet experiment. Here we go.

I had accomplished to lose 15 pounds on the no carb diet. I kept that weight for quite a while, on a low carb base. A few months ago, just for the sake of experimenting, I tried a high carb week inbetween (mainly pasta and rice) for a variation. At first, not much happened, but with a little delay, I gained 4 pounds. My average weight gain delay seems to be something around 3 days.
Eventuelly I went back to a normal diet, simply for the lack of time (my no carb program involved cooking 3 times a day). I was back to the weight I started with within 6 months.
As some sort of emergency measure, I started to no carb again yesterday. 5 meals a day, generally the samw program, but no cooking on receipts, just adhering to the same or similar nutrition facts.
What can I say? 4 pounds less in 2 days.
I am really convinced now that for some reason, my body does not digest carbs very well. They result in instant weight gain. It also reminds me of the time when I started off as a sang, when I could hardly eat anything without gwtting stomache troubles. Protein rich food was always possible still, so I ran on egga, meat, milk (which I could digest much better than nowadays) and veggies as a supplement.
No carb basically is that. Protein rich food, veggies and nothing else.
For the moment I am happy enough to lose weight again. However, I am not sure about ewhat this means for the long term perspective on food.